Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pink


A while back I somehow got the idea to run a Half Marathon. After failing the first time I was bit determined to do it. So I signed up for the Pink Series Half Marathon. Today, I ran it. The crazy adventure began at 0500 when I woke up and met up with Amberly.  After an entertaining drive up to Park City, I got my bag of goodies and proceeded to the buses. Now what should have been a 20min drive ended up being 45 min. The bus driver was obviously lost.  For a while. We arrived and watched the snow fall around us. Yeah I was COLD! The race didn't start for 45min so everyone was doing a happy dance trying to stay warm. 800 women all hopping up and down was quite comical to watch.  I forgot my gloves and some sweet lady gave me her extra pair. Which is good because my hands were popsicles. Luckily I found my pace the first mile and just kept going for a while. My pace and magic playlist kept me going until mile 9--the 2 mile hill run. KILL ME NOW! Oh it hurt. I then walked/jogged for the rest of the race. But my stubbornness/competitiveness took over in mile 13 and I sprinted the last little bit. Sweet Amberly was there to catch my running moments. I loved the sprint at the end. My body needed to go that fast after a slow pace for 13 miles. Ugh I wanted to die when I stopped but it was AWESOME! I can't wait to do another one. Even though right now I am icing every muscle I have and will walk funny for a while. Bring on the next race! 


Final Sprint Home!

My Oops that Wasn't the End Sprint


Don't Judge the Appearance!

Pretty Drive on the Way Home



Total Time 2hours 35mins

No comments:

Post a Comment