Wow, THANK GOODNESS January is over. I will not miss it much at all. Oh wait single awareness day is just around the corner. Have I mentioned that Valentine's Day is just a sad reminder to those of us who do not have a date, that wait we STILL don't have a date :) Yeah I haven't been a fan since 7th grade when the boy I like gave my friend candy and balloons instead of me. SO instead Valentine's Day has become more about eating starburst jelly bellys and any chocolate I can get a hold of.
This year I want to be different. With my focus on hope, I want to try something. Each day in February, leading up to Valentine's day, I will post about love. Which is of course why we celebrate Valentine's Day to begin with. I will post about something I love or a simple way to tell someone I love them. Hopefully, this will give me a better understanding of what love is in my life at my current stage. Soo let's begin.
Work today was different. I oriented one of our new nurses. I don't know when it happened but somewhere along the way I became an ER nurse. I have confidence in my skills, my knowledge, and my ability to do my job when tough situations. I remember being TERRIFIED to walk through the ER doors. Now work is just a second home. Tonight was different. Tonight I was a part of two very different cardiac arrests. One man came in and there was nothing for us to do. The other was a kid who had fighting chance. Work has taught me a lot. But mostly importantly its taught me to love the time I have with family and friends. Life can change in a moment. While I often forget how important this is, being apart of it it what I love most about my job. It's also the hardest part. Love for me today means to step back and realize how truly short and amazing life is, and the time I have to live it.
No comments:
Post a Comment