Sunday, August 19, 2012

What I Learned On The Mercy


Truth be told I originally did not want to go on the USNS Mercy 2012. However, I can not imagine not going on this adventure.  All it took were several divine interventions. I needed this adventure to remind me of a few details and take a step back from my life. Gain Perspective one could say. I learned a few things about myself on the Mercy. Received a few answers. Learned to appreciate many things in my life. Realized I am not alone in anything. Gained the courage to take on a new life adventure.











After a few humbling experiences I learned to appreciate more of what I have. I am grateful for and lessons I learned:

  1. Not having to walk up 81 stairs early morning for breakfast.
  2. My cell phone and the technology that allows me to stay connected with those I love.
  3. My big queen size soft bed
  4. Sunlight
  5. Airconditioning
  6. My knowledge of the gospel and how it is true no matter what language you speak or what country you are from
  7. My faith and trust in my Savior. This knowledge was strengthened in many ways. 
  8. The courage to take a huge step in my life and move to Maryland.
  9. Real Food. I mean fresh fruit, chips, water, fresh milk, non greasy main courses.
  10. The time to take a step back and enjoy the simple moments. 
  11. Not feeling rushed but having time to think
  12. People really think Mormons are strange. Well we are but not anymore than anyone else.
  13. I met people that changed my life--not only patients but those on board the ship.
  14. One doesn't have to have a lot in order to be happy. It's all by choice
  15. People will help in the little ways if I simply allow them too.
  16. Prayers are answered if I am in a place to truly act on the answers.





A simply monkey made this Girl's day. Reminded me of Why I came. 




No comments:

Post a Comment