Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week 1

I may have failed at the whole balance idea this week. Work has been so crazy this week.  I officially had my last orientation shift up at Primary Children's. I can't believe it. But I've had some great training and now just need to dive in and figure out the rest. Just pray that I have access to everything I need by Monday. These kiddos are just amazing. They bodies are basically destroyed with each admission and yet they still smile. They giggle and are still kids. Puts things in a bit of perspective for me. 

I'm also getting use to the crazy public commute. The weather has been BRUTALLY cold. I catch Frontrunner at 0605 every Monday and Tuesday. The cold is bitter and seeps through every layer I put on. The commute isn't bad though. It time to just sit and read, listen to music, or do nothing. Something I'm not good at doing at home. Let just say I'm excited for the spring. But I have appreciated scarves, hats, and gloves in a new light. 

Work should be settling down and I hope to attack other aspects of life. I've signed up to race in Dixie Relay with some fabulous chicas. Which means its time to get my butt back in gear. Get back to a better balance!



This week I am grateful for Carrie's cute little scrunched face. She makes it every time she sees me. After a long day it just makes me smile every time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment