Growing up we had what we called, "The Quiet Book" It was special because it only came out on Sundays during Sacrament meeting. I haven't seen it for years. But having a grandchild inspired my mom to pull it back out and create one for Weston. Of course most of the time the "adult" children can be found playing with all the little pieces. My mom being who she is, went into project mode and created 5 more. I got mine in my craft box for Christmas. All of my pages were outlined in pencil, I was given the task of coloring each page with the special paints. I'm sure I killed a few brain cells in the process but I completed each page. Well, while I was gone on my crazy navy adventure she completed it. Sitting here going through I'm having flashbacks to my childhood of turning each page, playing with the people, and creating faces on the fur. I'm so excited to have this for my children one day--or even for myself to help me stay awake. Thanks mom, its just one of the million amazing things you do for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment