For the Love of Pete!! I never knew Halloween could be so much fun right!! Boy was I wrong. My Coworkers were decked out in the crazy costumes. The shift started out simple and easy to handle--Despite the fact I was 3 staff members short with a lot of new staff. Then it began. I went down to get my stupid H1N1 shot--oh which I am still achy over--when I got the call on my phone. Provo is bringing in a pediatric full arrest. Yeah not the best way to start Halloween. The poor baby came in and my amazing staff jump in and got to work. Well within an hour I got another call with a child who was hit by a car in critical condition. Pediatrics traumas are always the worst. This poor little kid was miserable with broken legs and bleeding all over. I see life changing events at almost every shift, but it is the pediatric ones that stick with me. With 15mins of that I had a trauma walk in through triage. AWESOME!! Yeah my costume came off pretty quick and the scrubs came back on--its bites to run in a dress and boots. Plus there was the rest of the ER. Well we never recovered from that. An hour after this Provo brought in another patient who was in respiratory arrest--but hey he was up to the ICU in 30minutes! In the mean time I had the rest of the ER full trying to keep up. My co-workers are willing to do what it takes though. We didn't get lunches and were running off sugar highs. In addition to all this we had Daylight savings time. Most people love this--not those who are working the night shift. my 12 hour shift turned into 13 hour one. In other words:
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
Yeah for your team!
ReplyDelete