Sunday, December 5, 2010

Believe



What did you believe in as a kid? I believed in Santa Claus, Fairy-tales, and Dreams. One thing I love about this time of year--we are reminded about dreams and miracles. Not only do they exist, but they come true--just not in the ways we always expect.


I believe in a lot of things now. I believe in Santa Claus--not the man but of what he stands for. I believe in Fairy-tales--I've just learned to take a closer look at the journey they take rather than the happy endings. I believe in dreams--they do come true if I buckle down and work for them.

I believe in the real reason for the season--Jesus Christ. We celebrate His birth and His life at Christmas. Like a lot of other things I use to believe in, this perspective has also changed. Not only do I believe, but I have faith in Him. I've studied a lot lately about faith. Faith is confidence, Faith is motivation, Faith is power, Faith is action. So while I believe in Christ, my faith has become stronger and means more to me than ever. With my faith I've been able to face the unexpected turns my life has taken. It has given me the strength to make my dreams a reality. My faith reminds me of what I'm really here to do.

This is why I love the Christmas Season--its reminds us of what I believe and gives me the power to dream for one more year. Plus all the pretty holidays decoration and treats ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment