I love conference. Every six months I get a kick in the pants and some serious encouragement. Plus it means a bunch of fun with my family. We do interesting things when we get together. The peep wars were witnessed, Tangled was watched, and sleep occurred. All this happening during the Bipolar weather Utah decided to have over conference weekend. I dislike spring for the very reason that it just prevents summer from getting here.
This time around I wanted to attempt cake pops again! Heather, Mark, Kristi, Kalli, Nathan, Mom, Kelsy, and I all gathered around the table to decorate the "eggs." They actually turned out pretty spectacular! Plus the tasted amazing so it didn't matter. Kris actually just sat on the couch. I knew she wasn't feeling well when I wasn't tackled when I entered the house. Poor thing has been floored with a nasty case of bronchitis she has shared with the rest of us.
How Kristi Felt
All decorating--under the influence of a sugar high
Mark kissing his version of Heather
Like I said, conference was a much needed refresher. Usually a spiritual overload for me. Thanks goodness I have six months to process everything before the next one. Being the early riser I am *cough*cough* I make have a taken a few naps. Thank goodness for today's technology and my Ipod. With the Podcasts I've been able to listen and process everything. I swear some of those talks were just for me!

Overall my impressions for this conference are to:
- Spend more time at the temple--I am still able to do baptisms and learn from the temple. I could also use the time to block out the chaos of the world.
- Look for more opportunities to serve. Be open to the opportunities that may come up and listen to the small voices that point them out.
- Recognize the spirit will talk to me often in small and simple ways. No big Ah Ha moments, but quiet daily ones.
- Refocus and reflect on what I really want in this life. Who I want to become.
- Stand up and figure out my own problems. Things are not as complicated as they seem. The gospel is simple.
Wow, it really is a good thing I have six months before the next overload!
No comments:
Post a Comment