Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring Break--Moab Style



Kalli hit a milestone--her last high school spring break. My parents had decided to go down and explore Moab in my dad's new jeep. Lets just when the invitation to tag-a-long came I jumped all over it! I haven't had much time to spend with my parents--gotta love being an adult sometimes--so I thought this would be perfect. Plus it was the perfect opportunity to hang out with my baby sis before she grows up and goes to college. 

Our first day down there we went jeeping with some of my dad's friends. I've always heard about jeeping but never quite understood what it was about. Until now. There were steep rocks, straight drops, and things I didn't think a car could go over. But these jeeps did. I got out frequently to take pictures and it was amazing to see what these vechicles could go over. The area was gorgeous that we went through. Have I mentioned I like Moab?










The second day was spent in Canyonlands. I had never been to canyonlands, didn't quite get the title until we drove through. IT'S GORGEOUS! Deep revienes. Amazing views. Thank goodness for the panoramic feature on my IPHONE. We drove through and my dad showed us all the crazy place he hiked through to shoot his Bighorn Sheep! Wow. I had a blast trying to be artistic in my photos--it didn't work but it was fun to try. I also learned my mom has this thing with heights--she doesn't like them. Kalli and I were laughing as my dad piggy-backed my mom to the edge for a picture. The look on my mom's face was priceless. 
















Our third day was all about Arches. I am pretty sure we did every arch possible except one! Talk about a LONG day. I love hiking though. I'm not very fast and by the end my blood sugar was low, but seeing what Mother Nature can do is always fascinating. My dad helped me figure out how to take better pictures. We ate humous, carrots, pudding and bananas along the way.  The end of the day was spent sitting on the mountain watching the sun set on the Delicate Arch. It's so simple and yet beautiful.    A great ending to the last night in Moab.




Kalli Got a Hold of My Camera For A While










Again I Blame Kalli











Kalli is hilarious and we cracked all sorts of jokes. "Come to my bosom," was popular phrase this break. We spend time rolling our eyes at our parents and their craziness. I am still recovering from back kicks and cuddles from Kalli though. A great trip to Moab! I can't wait for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment