Sunday, April 11, 2010

Buddy



Over 10 years ago we had a member of our family join us. He wandered up onto our neighbors yard with his friend. Buddy has been our dog ever since. I guess I haven't realized how old he's gotten. He hasn't acted like it. Today, my Buddy passed away. The big, yellow, dog we loved to play with is gone. Though he was sick and miserable at then end, the dog broke my heart just o be around him, he's happier somewhere else. At work I deal with death everyday, but somehow the passing of my childhood dog has hit me harder than I realized. Buddy was a part of home. Buddy was the dog who would sit and listen. Buddy would literally smile at you when you came up to pet him. Here are some of my favorite things about Buddy:
  1. His obsession with tennis balls--seriously you should see his house and pen. They are everywhere and slimy. He will try to fit at least 3 in his mouth. When he sits down he will gather them up and put them underneath his mouth and paws. I've never seen a dog so possessive of tennis balls.
  2. He loved to jump the fence. He had a gift for knowing the exact moment and location to jump and take off. If he didn't jump he had the gift to flip the gate clip. Buddy was such a smart dog, he figured out a way to escape every chance he got.
  3. He acted like a giant teddy bear. He would lay down and let us lay on top of him, give him hugs and pull on his tail. The best part, he would just let us.
  4. Buddy was always happy to see me. His tail would wag and his bark would go off. No matter how bad my day was Buddy would be there happy to see me.
  5. Buddy loved the snow. He ate most of it but would still love to run and chase our snowballs.
  6. He was my dog and I loved him. I will miss him.






1 comment:

  1. oh Miss I'm sorry about your dog. My boys loved to cross the street and say HI whenever we were visiting my mom.

    ReplyDelete