In triage one night and older man wheeled into my triage room. Blood and who knows what else covered his shorts. When asked what was wrong this is the story I got:
I was riding my daughter's horse when she bucked me off and I landed on my back. Something spooked her because she stepped on my stomach and kicked hard. I've been bleeding down there a lot but it doesn't hurt unless I move. The hospital put a bandage and ice on it.
I got him right back to a room and into a gown. The doctor went it. Come to find out this poor guy had his manhood nearly ripped off. To quote the Dr, "This is fixable--in the OR!!!" The tissue of the whole unit was intact but the skin had basically slid right off (degloved). To his credit he did not take any pain meds and was laughing about it the whole time. I was impressed and just kept thinking--ouch ouch OUCH OUCH!!!! Poor guy! I hope the swelling and bleeding stopped and he got put back together!
I was riding my daughter's horse when she bucked me off and I landed on my back. Something spooked her because she stepped on my stomach and kicked hard. I've been bleeding down there a lot but it doesn't hurt unless I move. The hospital put a bandage and ice on it.
I got him right back to a room and into a gown. The doctor went it. Come to find out this poor guy had his manhood nearly ripped off. To quote the Dr, "This is fixable--in the OR!!!" The tissue of the whole unit was intact but the skin had basically slid right off (degloved). To his credit he did not take any pain meds and was laughing about it the whole time. I was impressed and just kept thinking--ouch ouch OUCH OUCH!!!! Poor guy! I hope the swelling and bleeding stopped and he got put back together!
No comments:
Post a Comment