Psych patients always provide a great source of entertainment and frustration. We had our own personal psych unit running down in the ER. One lady had been brought and was completely manic! She just would not hold still or stop talking. After some negotiations I was able to get blood and urine out of her. After an hour and my poor nursing student walked around our station with her for 20 min. I caught bits and pieces of their conversation. Comments such as "you need to come find the savior" and "I'm just helping you to find charity in your life." Well, after a while this was getting on my nerves and she was starting to yell and get more aggressive. We have a room basically stripped to 4 walls so the patients can't hurt themselves. In trying to get her back in and shut the door she started screaming and claiming I was depriving her of spreading the message and charity we needed. I got in front of her to prevent her from leaving. Most of the time I try to keep a straight face and try to reason with these type people--She was past the point of reasoning. Unfortunately, I had to call security to come help me. I could probably take her if I needed to but was twice my weight. The last she said as they were taking her upstairs, " You are cruel people and will all go to hell!" What can I say I've heard it before.
No comments:
Post a Comment