Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not Your Typical Valentines Day

I didn't think Valentines Day would turn out like it did.

I woke up at 11:30am--yes it's early for me. Gina, Cressie, Kalli and I went wedding dress shopping for her upcoming nuptials. Cressie and I sat there making jokes and trying not to hate the really skinny girls who looked gorgeous in every gown they tried on. We made Gina spin and pose in every dress. We also found out that Cressie and I are pretty good and this idea of telling people what to wear. This was the final product of our searching:


While Gina was getting zip and striped in the dressing room Kalli had some fun of her own.



Scary isn't it!

After shopping for 4 hours I picked up Weston and entertained him for a few hours so Scott and Amber could have a few hours of quiet. Dani and Nicki stopped by. Weston discovered the stairs and wouldn't leave them alone.



The conclusion of Valentines Day ended up with my true love--work. They were so short that night I went in to help. It actually wasn't too bad until 11:00pm then the flood gates opened. 3 traumas--car vs. tree; a full cardiac arrest; and some serious chest pains that had to go to cath lab came in. In addition to the million of other sick people. I stayed til 6:00am getting caught up. One poor girl had an abcess at her incision site and had been bleeding for days. I ended up giving her 2 units of blood because her levels were so low.



My Dad is great. He knows I don't like Valentines so he has gotten me presents over the last few years. This is year is one of my favorties.

I love Willow Tree Figurines! My collection continues to grow. Overall it was a great holiday. A lot of chocolate was consumed and I was able to spend the day with people I love.

3 comments:

  1. Your dad must be such a sweetie. My mom worked valentines night, did you see her? She told me it was crazy too. so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that you and Cressie were right... that is a great dress on Gina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina is gettin' hitched?! I had no idea...pass my congratulations on to her. She has some great friends.

    ReplyDelete