Hey Santa, I know its been a while since I've actually written you. I apologize--I went through a few years of trying to be a responsible grownup. But the more I think about it the more I see who you are and what you do for people. You don’t exist in the way I originally thought. However, I see your influence and joy everywhere this time of year. Santa I do believe in you. I already have so much, I really don't need more. So I propose a trade. If I give you a few gifts this year, will you help me find a few things I need help with. I know you are capable of miracles.
First, if I try really hard help me to be kind. To see beyond the outside shells of people and to see them as they need to be.
Second, help me to see how to best serve the people I encounter. From my friends, to my family, to strangers. Let me see what I can do to make their lives better.
Third, help me to know where to go and what to do. So many choices so many directions. Help me to see those people in my life who are here to help.
In exchange I promise to give a few gifts of myself:
First, I promise to step up to the challenges. To not back down or avoid the opportunities that will help me grow and discover of who I am.
Second, I promise to give of my time to appreciate and enjoy this time of year. To give myself to developing those skills I don’t have and to help those people I can. Turning off all those noisy electronics and sitting by my Christmas Tree thinking of why I really celebrate Christmas—My Savior.
Third, I promise to let people help me. To push aside my pride and shield and allow others to see the crazy me.
I know it might be a lot. But I don’t really need anything else—maybe a shiny ring too but I can wait for that. Oh what kind of cookies do you want this year. Because I thought I would leave some truffles instead.
Love,
Melissa
I loved this! Great post! It's been a rough year and I've found myself sitting in self-pity.. but I need to get into the spirit of this time of year and remember what it's for. Remember how truly blessed I am. Thanks!:)
ReplyDelete