Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Day of Nothing

Part of a good vacation is finding the balance between play and nothing. After having a week where we covered the entire state, Sarah and I decide to do nothing today. I slept in and stayed in bed to watch a movie. The weather is gorgeous right now--Sunny and warm with a few clouds in the sky. I went to do one of my other favorite things--sit by the pool and read my book. I even have a little sunburn from sitting in the sun. I miss it. Bright, warm, and relaxing. After a few hours of reading by the pool, we headed back for a lunch of chicken fries and to take a nap. Glorious naps. Now to end the evening I am going to read, watch Bones, and get ready to head back to reality. Plus I get to laugh at Sarah as she continues to try and get the water out of her ear. Sometimes there really is nothing better than to do nothing.



Overall this has been a great vacation. The perfect balance of things to do and doing nothing at all. Virginia has gotten greener since we have been here. The sunsets are gorgeous. Sarah and I have acted like teenagers again. Giggling until 2:00am about boys, jokes, and just silliness. Oh to act like little girls again! On to the next vacation.

1 comment: