I woke up this morning to a loud crack/boom. Scared me to death! I love thunderstorms. We haven't had a good warm one in Utah in years. I just stood and watched the rain pound the ground; while the lightening slashed across the sky. Despite my joy with the storm it did prevent us from going to Busch Gardens today. Instead we drove down to Virginia Beach. The drive was yet again another adventure. We might as well have driven through a waterfall for the amount of rain pouring down. The best part of the drive was the 3 mile tunnel that took us underneath the ocean. I watched the waves crash against the bridge we were on. Amazing.
As we pulled up to the aquarium the rain started to pour again. I dashed out of the car and turned my head too fast--my glasses flew off my face into a puddle. Being blind it took me a minute to find them. I was laughing so hard and incredibly grateful a car hadn't smashed them! Inside the aquarium I saw sea turtles--my favorite, sharks--still creep me out, sea horses, snakes, tree frogs, sting rays, and otters. I laughed at the otters were picking on and chasing each other through their habitat. Reminded me and of brothers and I. They knocked stuff over, wrestled with each, and just plain made a mess of everything.
After the aquarium and being soaked through the sun finally came out. Sarah and I headed to the beach and walked the boardwalk. The water was SO cold! I still put my toes in the sand and walked the length of the boardwalk. I love the ocean. There is something relaxing about the waves crashing against the shore.
I ended my day in the hot tub. Soaking my muscles and stress away while a gorgeous pink/yellow/ orange sun went down. I can't wait for DC tomorrow!!!
As we pulled up to the aquarium the rain started to pour again. I dashed out of the car and turned my head too fast--my glasses flew off my face into a puddle. Being blind it took me a minute to find them. I was laughing so hard and incredibly grateful a car hadn't smashed them! Inside the aquarium I saw sea turtles--my favorite, sharks--still creep me out, sea horses, snakes, tree frogs, sting rays, and otters. I laughed at the otters were picking on and chasing each other through their habitat. Reminded me and of brothers and I. They knocked stuff over, wrestled with each, and just plain made a mess of everything.
After the aquarium and being soaked through the sun finally came out. Sarah and I headed to the beach and walked the boardwalk. The water was SO cold! I still put my toes in the sand and walked the length of the boardwalk. I love the ocean. There is something relaxing about the waves crashing against the shore.
I ended my day in the hot tub. Soaking my muscles and stress away while a gorgeous pink/yellow/ orange sun went down. I can't wait for DC tomorrow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment