Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Traditions




In many ways I have grown up. In many others I haven't. I'm often confused for a 15 yr old--especially when standing next to Kristi. I still giggle like a 13 yr old, especially with Sarah. I still pick on my brothers like we were kids. I love the traditions I did growing up and will still do them even when I'm 50.

Easter traditions are some of my favorite. Candy, Eggs, Hunts, Colors, what more could you ask for. So today after church we had all of those. I bought eggs and candy last night before work so we were prepared. Kristi and Kalli put candy in the eggs while I slept on the couch--give me some credit I was up until 6am. I woke up to find out Kristi had hid 60 eggs in our yard. Mark, Kevin, Kristi, Kalli, Mom, & I booked it outside to get the candy eggs. Kalli even discovered a snake in the tree--I am terrified of snakes! Kevin of course cheated so the rest of us tackled him to get the eggs back.


I love decorating Easter eggs. Armed with dye, eggs, and newspapers we went at it. 24 eggs later we had various colors, patterns, and designs completed. I can't wait to eat my blue speckled egg tomorrow. Now I'm on a Starburst Jelly Bean and Peanut Butter M&M high. I'm addicted to both of those.


I love being a kid.

1 comment:

  1. I so decorated and hid eggs today, it was great! Where were you on Friday? I stopped by the ER but no Melmer.

    ReplyDelete