I can't tell you how excited I was to have my vacation come around!! A week free from work! Yeah! So yes I am currently sitting in a resort in Williamsburg, VA. But lets start at the beginning. Due to my extended family coming into town--thank you by the way for coming the weekend I leave--Dan Amy you know who you are! I didn't get to bed until 0400. I rolled out of bed at 0530 and grabbed my stuff and said goodbye to the strange people who were awake at that time. Sarah's mom took us to the airport and the adventures started from there. All the fun began when my ticket information wouldn't come up and we had to go to the main desk to get our passes. Halfway to security sarah pointed out that we didn't have her boarding pass so we had to turn around and go back. After getting on the plane we were notified that our captain had called in sick only an hour prior to his flight. 45 minutes later we were in the air. The only problem with that was our connecting flight left 15minutes after landing. Of course the gate was at the other end of the airport. I'm sure we looked entertaining as we booked it across the airport--but many other people were doing the same thing. One lady was pulling her 3 year-old on top of her luggage while his legs were kicking in the background. Made my day. Well turns out they changed our gate without telling us and we had to back track. After all this mad dashing we found out the plane had been delayed anyway! Luckily, it gave us time to eat some food. Don't travel with only a banana in your system. I kinda forgot to eat breakfast. Eventually we landed and picked up the rental car. I would like to point out I think it is dumb to charge extra for drivers under the age of 25! My gracious daddy let me borrow his GPS system so I wouldn't get completely lost in Virginia. I have the best sense of direction ;). Well GPS systems are great if you plug in the right address. 20 minutes into our drive I realized we were going northwest instead of southeast. Flipping u turns is a famillair thing for me :D. Virginia roads are brutal by the way. Potholes--lots and lots of potholes. Two hours later than planned we did find the resort even after the GPS took us to some random location. The resort itself is set up with colonial decor and is green! Another random event happened as we were boarding the last plane. An owl-dark brown with creepy pointy ears--was just sitting ontop our plane. I couldn't believe it. What owl just sits on top of planes. I wish I had my camera it was hilarious to see! I forget how dry and brown Utah is until I leave it. So after a very long day of travel and running I get to sleep! We have food and watched an intense episode of Smallville. I can't wait to take pictures and go hiking tomorrow!
Oh and to add to the adventures I forgot my contacts at home on the counter. My nerd look will prevail all week long!! I love the adventures traveling throws in your face.
Oh and to add to the adventures I forgot my contacts at home on the counter. My nerd look will prevail all week long!! I love the adventures traveling throws in your face.
Jealous! Sounds fun! Say hi to the Gangsta Gheti for me.
ReplyDeleteMelissa you are so funny! What an adventure! I'm glad that you made it to VA safe and sound :)
ReplyDelete